Read also our list with the best cities and destinations of the county.
España: The most popular monuments, buildings, streets and museums to visit
– Gran Vía (Madrid): Gran Via is one of the most famous streets of Spanish capital. It is situated in the center of Madrid and was built 100 years ago.
– Retiro Park (Madrid): Parque del Retiro (Madrid) The Retiro Park is a very popular park placed in the center of Madrid. It covers more than one square kilometer and it contains a lake with boats, many monuments, fountains, statues, gardens, restaurants and of course, a lot of trees and grass.
– El Prado and Reina Sofia Art Centers (Madrid): These art galleries are must-see places in Madrid. Each of them is full of masterpieces of art.
– El Escorial (near Madrid): The Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo del Escorial is an impressive building located in the surroundings of Madrid where the kings of Spain used to live. The palace was built in the 16th century, and currently it has a museum, a monastery, a crypt, a basilic, a library and gardens.
– Aqueduct of Segovia: The Segovia Aqueduct is the most important roman structure of Spain. Also, in Segovia you have to visit The Alcazar and The Cathedral.
– Las Ramblas (Barcelona): “La Rambla”, popularly known as “Las Ramblas” is a famous street in the centre of Barcelona where citizens and visitors can walk, visit monuments, eat and rest in the terraces, see the port of Barcelona, go shopping or go to pubs during the night.
– Sagrada Familia (Barcelona): The Basilica and Expiatory Church of the Holy Family, known as “La Sagrada Familia”, is obviously one of the most beautiful building of Barcelona. Although its construction began in 1882, nobody really knows when it will be finished.
– City of Arts and Sciences (Valencia): Visitors interested in architecture, art, nature and sciences should visit the amazing City of Arts and Sciences (la Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia), designed by the architect Santiago Calatrava.
– The Guggenheim Museum (Bilbao): Museo Guggenheim is a contemporary art center placed in Bilbao, in the Basque Country. The museum was inaugurated in 1997 and since then, it has become one of the most popular museums of Spain and Europe because its original and transgressive design.
– La Alhambra (Granada): The Alhambra is situated on the top of the Sabika hill in a strategic site, where there was a Roman city before the Arabs began constructing new buildings in the 9th century, and added more buildings in the followings centuries.
– Plaza de España (Seville): Spain Square is one of the places that you must visit when visiting Andalusia. Although most of cities in Spain have a square called “Plaza España” (it’s like Gran Via or Plaza Mayor, all cities have one of them) this one is, surely, the most impressive.
– La Giralda (Seville): Next to Seville’s cathedral is its bell tower, the world renowned Giralda with its 24 bells is one of the most remarkable towers in Seville, it measures 13,61 m in width and the same in length (square) and 94,70 metres in height without the Giraldillo ( the statue on its top).
– Cordoba Mosque-Cathedral: The Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba situated near the Guadalquivir river in Cordoba is one of the most remarkable and tourist places in Spain and in the world, and the most emblematic building in Córdoba city.
– The Burgos Cathedral: The Saint Mary Cathedral in Burgos, (Catedral de Santa María de Burgos), popularly known as The Burgos Cathedral is the most remarkable building in Burgos and one of most beautiful Gothic Cathedral in Spain which has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1984.
– El Pilar (Zaragoza): The Pilar Cathedral (also called Basilica del Pilar) is the most famous icon of Saragossa. This church is placed in the centre of the city, near the Ebro river and in the same square than La Seo Cathedral.
What to do: Holidays, cultural visits, shopping, parties and more activities to do in Spain
– Tours and guides: Here you will find some ideas to planning your stance in Spain. In there, we talk about what to see in specific cities or regions, but also we suggest where you can go and what you can visit depending on what are you looking for.
– Streets and monuments: If you enjoy visiting squares, parks, avenues, skyscrapers… this is your list of destinations.
– Emblematic buildings: Museums, Cathedrals, Markets and other similar public places.
– Destinations to rest in holidays: Beach, mountain and nature: Barcelona, Salou, Benidorm, Ibiza, Andalusia, The Islands, The Pyrenees and other places to rest.
– Gastronomy: A list with the most popular areas to eat, drink and have a nice time.
– Nigthlife: Pubs, discotheques and nightlife zones.
– Celebrations and festivals: Some towns are popular for its celebrations and festivals (Las Fallas in Valencia, San Fermines in Pamplona, El Pilar in Zaragoza, San Isidro in Madrid). Here we will post about some of them.
– Opinions and tips: Read here the recommendations of people who have been living in Spain.
Looking for something else?
However, there are many important places that we haven’t added yet. If you want to add more places (cities, towns, monuments, streets…) you can do it here. Thanks!