Castelldefels is located on the Mediterranean Sea coast in the province of Barcelona (Cataluña / Catalonia Region) in the east of Spain just to 18 km away from Barcelona city. With a population of about 65 000 inhabitants, Castelldefels is really a famous tourist destination in Spain for people who like enjoying its excellent cuisine, fast service and a quiet atmosphere make it a popular place for business lunches, as well as leisure activities and its 5 km of beaches of fine and golden sand is an attraction for lovers the outdoor activities, surf, windsurf… In fact, it is a favorite destination for families with children and business relations.
On a hill is the Castelldefels Castle which was built before the 16th century on Roman and Iberian remains. Nowadays the castle is equipped for events and meetings with a capacity of more than 350 people. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, terraces, clubs, pubs, bars, shops and its healthy lifestyle and its warm climate make Castelldefels goes on being a tourist destination of the highest quality.
More places to visit in Barcelona and Catalonia (Cataluña)
– La Pineda: With only 3,000 inhabitants, La Pineda (Vila-Seca) is a small town located in the north-east of the Iberian Peninsula, at Tarragona Province.
– Salou: Salou is a reference for the holydays of Spring and Summer in Spain.
– Ramblas Avenue (Barcelona city): La Rambla goes from Catalonia Square to the seaport, and it has a lot of cafes, terraces, pubs and discotheques. In the end of the street, there is the Cristobal Colon monument.
– Columbus Monument: One of the most famous statues of Barcelona city. It was built in 1888 for a Universal Exposition and it represents a statue of Christopher Columbus above a pillar, pointing with his right hand to the sea.
– La Sagrada Familia: It is a must for tourists that arrive in Barcelona see its outstanding architecture, design and sculptures.
– La Barceloneta: In summer, you can sunbathe or swim in the beach of La Barceloneta, which is 5 minutes walking from Columbus Monument.